It's Better than Eating Alone

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Nothing to See here . . .

I post tonight, because finally, I have a decent, hot meal.

I got sick for about a week and a half, and it was horrible. Coughing, sniffing, can't sleep, and worst of all, I can't eat very well because of my numbed taste buds. That's why I didn't get to post right away, ladies and gentlemen.


But now, just a little sniffs, and a little coughing here and there, and I'm well . . . until . . .

I got a mouth sore. It was positioned at the corner of my upper lip. Just when I got my appetite back, I couldn't eat a bite and not cringe in extreme pain. It was saddening. I couldn't even speak normally (and I had to deliver a speech in church too, for that matter). And I was starving! It wasn't OK for me at all, realizing that I have already lost 5 pounds for the last couple of weeks that I wasn't feeling well.

Today, however, was different. The sore is still here, but it doesn't hurt as much anymore. And so tonight, I cooked dinner and I ate everything. Yup, everything. And I plan to get that 5 pounds back, and more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home