It's Better than Eating Alone

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Out of the Box and In

It is one week off for me and the rest of the teachers here in the school. It is spring break.

Funny however, that this is a tropical island, and there is no such thing as spring break, let alone the other four seasons. I have however, enjoyed this time off of school, since it is different than Christmas (there's nothing else to celebrate really) and we're free to go wherever we want.

I was talking to one of my colleagues and friend and we were wanting to go out to another part of the island and just spend the night there with the rest of our friends from church. Her idea was, "It would be a change for the better because it would be nicer waking up in the morning for once not having to face the school."

Imagine waking up and the front of your porch is your office? That's how we feel living in campus. And so I took her point, and it really frees me from this box that I am now in.

I want to go fishing too. It's been a long time since I've done so. It is lighter now, this feeling, since its only two months left before the school year ends.

Deep inside, however, I am still afraid. There's just so much time in my hand, and I don't know what to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home