It's Better than Eating Alone

Sunday, April 16, 2006

One

Today, I am officially alone. Tonight, I sleep with the lights off, and nobody else will be in the room. My roomate left me.

Roomie Isaac was supposed to leave like more than a month from now, but suddenly, a new calling comes to him. He is taking over a class at the academy, a campus that is about 30 minutes drive from town, and has chosen to spend his last remaining weeks in another person's house, inside the campus, for convenience. Alas! Both of us are sad.

So here I am again, alone. "All by myself," and so the song goes. I guess it is inevitable. We will see each other still, laugh, and make nuances of ourselves. Yep, fun times are not over, yet. But in six weeks, that will all change. He will no longer be my roomate for real. He will have to board that plane. And he will run another course of his life, just like mine. Just like the rest of us.

I could now call you, bro.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home